Sunday 26 February 2012

Glasgow Potato Day

The Glasgow potato day was fantastic.  I love the idea of being able to buy just a couple of tubers of lots of different varieties to try them out and see what works best for me.



The only variety they didn't have that I want is Epicure but luckily one of my plot neighbours has kindly offered to pick me some up when he visits his supplier.


Here's what I bought...


First Earlies
Lady Christl
Arran Pilot
Red Duke of York


Second Earlies
Nadine
Nicola


Main Crop
Orla (early maincrop)
Sarpo Mira

Pink Fir Apple,


Along with these, I have the two varieties that I grew from true potato seed last year, looking forward to see what I get from those.


On the way home from the Potato day we decided to take a detour and had lunch up on the Campsie Fells, it was bliss.


Oh, and I have to just mention the amazing home baking that was on offer today, what a spread.  Well done to all.

No comments: