Tuesday 5 June 2012

Things are at a frenzy now.

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks.  I love this time of year even although I always feel like I'm chasing the clock.


Got the frame up for the French Beans and the Climbing Courgettes I'm trialing this year.   I filled the gap under the frame with some spare strawberry plants that were looking a bit poorly but seem to be coming back strong as ever.
 The Brassicas are all out now and their cages built.

 I changed the way we normally plant potatoes this year and decided to earth up as they grow rather than mound them when planting.  By doing it this way, I didn't space the rows wide enough apart and we are stuggling to get enough soil from between the rows for earthing up.  The plants themselves are looking great though, I just hope the spuds below ground are the same.
As the beds are slowly being filled, everything else is being pushed back into a corner for tidying later but what a mess we've made of our wee half finished patio.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness you have been busy mrs.. the plot looks amazing.. am well jel.lol.x that means am jealous by the way..lol..x

Ananke said...

Why thank you Ms, we're pleased with how it's coming together.