We got the keys to our half plot on 15th Feb 2008 and my heart fell when I saw the state it was in (i've since learned that we were actually quite lucky).
We collected pallets, discarded furniture, old wooden framed windows and other such allotment necessities.
And then the work began. First on the agenda was to get the greenhouse built to give us somewhere to shelter and make a cuppa.
It was now March and time to start planting, first to go into the ground was onion sets that I had rooted in pots.
Then the potatoes
It wasn't long until the plot was filled with lots of veggie goodies.
At the end of 2009 we expanded and took on the half plot next door.
And by spring 2010 we had it cleared
There was a half built 'greenhouse' on the new plot which meant we now had two leaky roofs to fix (still not done yet but I have faith that 2012 will be a dry year for us) We will probably take this down at some point and rebuild it slightly better than it is.
So, that's pretty much the story so far.